Every year, one in five Canadians experience issues related to mental health or addiction. Mental Health Week raises public awareness and helps to support the recovery of these individuals. By organizing and hosting a fundraising event, you can help promote Mental Health Week, raise awareness of mental health issues in your community and support CMHA.
When planning and executing your fundraiser, our online fundraising tools can help you manage and promote your event to raise donations for Mental Health Week 2016. These tools will help you do the following:
- Set up a personal web page
- Connect with colleagues, friends and family through social media
- Manage donations
- Keep track of your fundraising progress
Click here to see a sample event page.
To request your own fundraising event page, please fill in our Event Request Form to let us know what you have planned. Once we have your details, we will get back to you shortly.
If you’re interested in holding a fundraiser, but aren’t sure what kind of event to plan, here are a few ideas to get you started:
- A bake sale
- A dinner party
- An organized walk
- A Robin Williams movie night
- A sporting tournament (bowling, golf, tennis, ping pong, billiards, chess)
- A lunch and learn at your place of business
- An art show with a local artist or art gallery
For more information, please email Deb Wise Harris, Communications & Development Officer or call her at (416) 977-5580 ext. 4163.